Tuesday, August 18, 2009

this just in...

The thrill of the hunt, the excitement of th catch, the anticipation of the arrival of your newest ebay purchases! I unabashedly love ebay - even just 'watching' items is fun. I recently stumbled across some sale fabric at Mrs. Miller's in Charm. (note: do NOT go here to buy just one fabric, it doesn't work!) Moda: Blossoms by Urban Chiks This, of course, coincides with my new plan to join the Wonky Log Cabin quilt-along!

After checking out ebay, I got a FANTASTIC deal on a jelly roll (40 - 2.5" strips). They normally run around $30-$35 - a steal at $15+$4s/h! I was so excited to find a bonus 1/2 yard included for free - I highly recommend this seller.

Finds from Mrs. Miller's in Charm:


2 comments:

  1. I love ebay. I think I got the fabric for the quilt I did a few years ago at Mrs. Millers. Excellent place. How does a quilt-a-long work? I've heard about them, but just never read enough to figure out exactly how they work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, that makes 2 of us who don't know exactly how it works :0) From my understanding, someone is like the admin for the group - they post instructions and what the group is supposed to get done that week. Then members post progress pictures, questions, and the like. Sometimes there are prizes involved. I thought it might be a fun way to motivate me to FINISH a quilt! haha

    ReplyDelete