Wednesday, June 9, 2010

the loo...

Yes, I did have to google 'names for bathrooms' to find the correct spelling for loo [formerly I thought it was like 'in lieu of']. We have several friends, both online and the neighborly kind, that make handmade soaps. I really love how clean they get your hands without being harsh on your skin. I was, however, tired of cleaning soap gunk off of the sides of the sink and also a little tired of having the soap slip into the sink bowl. Then I remembered this post, which links to another post, which references a tutorial found here about a dish drying towel made from old bath towels. [there's another tutorial here] In a few frenzied minutes of cutting and stitching had this:


Very, very simple:
1. cut 2 - 4.5" x 5.5" rectangles [one from a quilters weight cotton and one from a towel]
2. with right sides together, sew the two pieces together. leave a small opening on one side.
3. turn, press, sew a scant 1/4" along each side. quilt as desired [I used a 1.5" grid pattern]

I also wanted to share a space saving little number that I made for my jewelry. Again, not my idea - it's just an old frame that I painted white and stapled screen to. Little bent wire hooks hold things in place.

I need to make new curtains for the bathroom as well... another project for another day...

1 comment: