Wednesday, April 14, 2010

pink + blue + patchwork...

Surprise, I made a few more pillows. I'm sure that you hope to stop by here and see something different, but right now I am enjoying cushion making. I just love them - I can be creative, try out new ideas, but not be committed to a full size quilt. It also allows me to continue honing my skills as a machine quilter.

I am still working through some of my stash [hopefully back to the ufo challenge soon!] These panels were the remainder from a baby quilt I made for a friend. The fabric is from the line Simply Baby by Windham Fabrics. The blue one took quite awhile to complete with it's little checkered border, but it is probably my favorite of the three. I tried out a new-to-me finishing technique for the pink bear pillow. It's so simple - the pillow top and back are layered wrong sides together and then it's bound just like a quilt! I really like the clean lines you can get with this method; nice square edges! Need one for your nursery or a baby shower? All three are hanging out in my etsy shop :]

1 comment:

  1. pillows are such a great way to try something new and master a new technique!!! these are really cute. great job!

    ReplyDelete