Tuesday, January 5, 2010

leavin' on a jet plane...

"All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go, I'm standin' here outside your door..." oh, excuse my Armageddon moment... But really, I'm off to Georgia. [to sit and listen to a professor for 8hours/day] The pic is some vintage Samsonite luggage that belonged to my Grandma & Grandpa - instead of clothes, they're filled with fabric :) The Moravian paper stars are so fun. My templates came from a very old homemaker magazine [not really a magazine; more like copies made on construction paper bound with staples] but I'm sure you could find a tutorial somewhere on the world wide interweb. First you make a bajillion sided base out of cardstock, then you make the points. The points have tabs so that they can be glued on to the base. The top star is made with vintage Christmas cards, the lower one with old sheet music. They make quite the statement, but are incredibly time consuming.

note: I have a few posts up my sleeves for while I'm away so keep your eyes open...
note #2: I am very honored to be featured on ModgePodge Rocks today!!! My little file cabinet, all grown up and famous!!

okay... also - this was supposed to post yesterday, but I have been having some technical difficulties with the wireless internet here...

No comments:

Post a Comment