Sunday, September 6, 2009

pillow fight...

Alright, so I am getting a little ahead of myself... I have started to amass a photo collection of someday pillows I want to make AFTER my wonky log cabin is complete.

Design and inspiration are funny, you have to strike while the iron is hot (haha, irony on a craft blog...) Thanks to quiltdad's flickr page, I have my first 'must have' pillows! They are from Anthropologie and a little pricey at $78 a piece (ouch - think of all the fabric you could buy for that :0) The bedding is also o-so-lovely in the first picture.

I am salivating a little thinking about using up the scraps of my prettiest fabrics all in one project! I enjoy how ecclectic these pillows are, using fabrics one might not readily put together. I am thinking that left-over log cabin strips would be wonderful for this pillow. I think that the pillow body could be muslin with strips sewn on the top, maybe even leaving the edges unfinished. More to come I'm sure...

1 comment:

  1. Love the pillows! Especially the leafy one. I really like the white backgrounds. Probably couldn't get away with them since the dogs love laying on pillows, and juice cups can be leaky. :)

    ReplyDelete