Saturday, January 22, 2011

the sea is calling...

These lovelies have been on my 'have-to-have' list for some time now... and now they are eye candy on my sewing room shelf. Beyond the Sea by Cloud 9 is made with organic cotton - I got mine at Cedar House Fabrics. I love the colors and the beachy theme of the prints.

I think I have narrowed down the quilt I want to use them for, I even bought some Konas to match. Now all I need is the time [and some more white thread - how depressing to run out of thread on a snow day!] There are alot of great projects on Flickr using this line - check out Michelle from Cloud 9's photostream.

A few weeks ago I bought some adorable puppy themed fabric with the plan to make Miss Sophia a new bed for in the sewing room. Before I could finish finding the perfect pattern, she had made herself comfortable in an old crate with some fleece stuffed in it. So much for making something fancy for this little dog!

1 comment: