Monday, July 20, 2009

rome wasn't built in a day... and neither were their shades


Our DIY quest has led us to redecorate the master bedroom. A month is a normal time to repaint, right? I'm sure it is nice to have clothes in dressers and on hangers, but for now we prefer piles of clothes stacked on the floor and in numerous (unlabeled) plastic bins. I'm just thankful for some progress. Currently I have been battling a couple of Roman shades. Beautiful, elegant, sophisticated, and incredibly time consuming to make. Yea! for my new Rowenta iron (thanks Jordan) - I think each shade has been ironed no less than 20 times.

I finally finished the nearly 400 inches of hand stitching, an accomplishment really. I had a contest with myself to see how many pins I could sew past before removing them and revealing the finished hand tacked product - small pleasures. Now to sew on the velcro, make the cornice board it attaches to, hand sew 48 plastic rings onto the backs, attach the eye hooks, add the cording, and voila - Roman shades!

No comments:

Post a Comment