Tuesday, July 28, 2009

here comes santa clause...

Working in a craft store makes it seem as though we are always a season or so ahead. If only I had a nickel for every crafter who said they were 'working ahead' on Christmas gifts... I however never seem to be the least bit motivated to stitch up a reindeer when the sun is shining and the grass is green outside my window. But I have made a decision that I will work (at least partially) through my half-done box of crafts before endeavoring on another project. So, on the top of the pile was a bunch of snowman pocket purses. Originally I had made them for party favors, but I only finished the exact amount I needed. That meant a bag full of cut out snowman heads, leftover beads, and the like. All told there were 7 unfinished bags; and I am proud to announce there are now 7 finished bags - and it only took 6 years! Hopefully this victory will encourage me to continue in my project-finishing quest! Next Up: wool felt laptop case (oh yeah, and the roman shades still aren't finished :0)

1 comment:

  1. This reminds me of the crocheted blanket I started that was supposed to be a wedding gift for us, and then morphed into a grad present for Nate, and now is in storage somewhere still waiting to be finished. I tried to get some more yarn for it a few years ago and it was discontinued... crafting fail. :) So I admire your motivation!! I know I have some other projects that are in limbo still, like pjs for Ohlen that would no longer fit him... good thing I have about 2 years until Noah will fit in them... :) Oh and those bags are cute!

    ReplyDelete