Wednesday, March 14, 2012

nittany round up...

{note: 1 more day - today - to enter into the drawing to win a copy of Seaside Home! Just leave a comment on this post.}

So, I think March 14th officially means that 2011 is over :) I finished these blocks some time ago, but wanted to share the last few months of the Nittany Block Swap. I really enjoy block swaps, but because of time [coupled with the fact that I didn't find a new swap that seemed interesting AND was looking for a new member] I am not currently participating in a monthly swap.

September: Kelly was going for more of a modern look. It was fun to have boundaries but still be allowed some artistic control. I am sure this will look amazing when she finishes with it!


October: Tammy wanted a Moda Bake Shoppe pattern. The fabrics are GREAT; I really like the secondary pattern that forms when you put these blocks together.


November: Shari is into upcycling men's shirts right now. I am a huge Kaffe Fasset fan, so the finished look is right up my ally. Some of them are still a slight bit wonky despite my best pressing and cutting efforts. Cannot wait to see all those shapes come to life in a finished quilt!

I have to get back into the project that the ladies helped me with!! The center is pieced, it just needs some borders and a few blocks for said border and it will be complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment