Wednesday, July 14, 2010

crabby pinnie...

I have been dreaming of a tropical vaca and it's showing up in my crafty life! I joined the Scrappy Pincushion Swap over on swap [Thanks Corey for 'forcing' me into another swap!] - it has been so fun to watch the AMAZING ideas people come up with. Today officially ended this round for me - I have both received AND sent my pinnie!

This is crabby - I am really pleased with how he turned out. Swaps are always so much pressure for me. 'Will this be good enough?!?' I am so intimidated by the beautiful things that everyone else creates. My partner seemed to like animal/item shaped pinnies [check] and modern & bright colors [check]. Fingers crossed s/he likes it!! By the way - tutorial for crabby pinnie coming later this week :]

This is the fantastic pinnie I received from Christy. Can you believe all of those gorgeous Heather Ross fabrics?? She also included a seam guide ruler and a couple of great buttons. I really lucked out having her for a swap partner!

5 comments:

  1. this is so cute...i laughed when i read the title. i thought maybe you were talking about my daughter...she is a little "crabby" sometimes and my nickname for her is Minnie "Pinnie". there is no way your partner will not love this....it is too adorable

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww its very cute and original :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That crab is adorable! and with some of my favorite snippets orange fabric. Glad I found you and am adding your blog to my reader!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this little crab! Can't wait for the tutorial!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh can't wait for the tutorial....

    ReplyDelete