Sunday, February 7, 2010

snowy zig-zag...

I apologize for my absence here on the world wide web - life moves as an incredibly fast pace [moving faster some months than others]. My crafty pace has not slowed terribly, however. I have been busy, unfortunately very few of those projects are anywhere near finished. I prefer to share only 'done' craftiness with you so that you don't get bored looking at the same colors, patterns, techniques, etc. for weeks at a time.

As some of you may know, I closed my eyes, crossed my fingers, and dove into the wonderful world of online quilting this past summer. I joined the Old Red Barn Quilt Along over on Flickr and finished the top for my wonky log cabin quilt [it's in line at the church to be put on the quilting frame - but it will have to wait until this summer!] Wonky was round 3; zig-zags were round 2. I have been so tempted to try zig-zagging, but the occasion never presented itself... until now! I am working on a little quilty project [to be seen later] that featured pinwheels. I ended up with quite a few leftover 3.5" squares - which I turned into half square triangles. And then inspiration struck... and this zig-zag pillow was the result [I'm calling it snow trails]. Half square triangles are like the cheese of the quilt world - you can add them to anything and organize them in so many ways - oh the versatility!

So I made the back envelope style - I always like that you can remove the pillow form and replace it if the need arises. [plus - there's one of my little tags! yea!] The pillow is currently hanging out in my etsy shop.

I hope you're digging your way out of the snow if you are reading this in the northeastern US! [and bracing yourself for more of the white stuff :]

5 comments:

  1. Love the pillows! How does Sophie like the snow? Kaiser and Sophie were non too impressed with their lack of restroom options, but otherwise seem to enjoy being outside in it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that pillow!! so cute! great job. :) lora

    ReplyDelete
  3. this pillow is so pretty. i have been making some for my LR and this one looks like it could be a great addition.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet pillow! The quilting is awesome and the back looks so professional. You have some mad sewing skilz!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I followed your link from flickr. I love this pillow, and that your zig-zags are the white fabric and the surrounding fabric is the patchwork. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete