Tuesday, February 16, 2010

the intersection of craft and theology...

Just a quick post here today - I am still diligently working on Berni's tutorial [kind of excited about it too], but life has gotten in the way of craftiness again. I am finishing up some papers for a seminary course I'm taking. One chapter of the book deals with addiction and here is the line that caught my eye:

"Also on the growing list [of addictions] are shopping, religion, exercise, video games, money, and going to the movies. One writer who follows the trends in fashionable dependencies cites a confession in Pittsburgh of a 'sewing or fabric addiction.'" -C. Plantinga

Just something for all of us with those stacks of fabric resting in closets, on floors, in cupboards, and in our dreams :] The little plaster plaque hangs on my design board in my craft room, it was my grandma's. A little reminder for life inside and outside of the four walls of my studio.

"wash and make yourselves clean. Take your evil deeds out of my sight! Stop doing wrong,learn to do right! Seek justice, encourage the oppressed. Defend the cause of the fatherless, plead the case of the widow." -Isaiah 1:16-17

No comments:

Post a Comment