Sunday, October 25, 2009

wonky revelation...

So, here it is - the finished wonky log cabin; reveling in all of its glory. I must say I am a bit impressed with myself; this is the most expedient quilt project I have ever worked on! I really do love it! I finished coordinating pillowcases this weekend and plan to take on a couple of other pillow projects to complete the bedding. (namely the anthropologie pillow with the giant applique mum)

The next step is to have it quilted. I live to piece and hate to quilt, I am simply not patient enough. My thoughts are to have the center done with a diagonal grid and the outside border with a smaller diagonal grid. Should be simple enough; now to find a talented quilter who fits into the budget!

4 comments:

  1. Your quilt is really beautiful - I think of wonky quilts as bold, quirky and modern and you have blown me away because you achieved that plus its soft and romantic - a juxtaposition I never imagined - bravo!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great!! Especially in the middle of an excellent fall day. :) I so wish I could offer quilting services - I love to do it. I just have time issues, you would probably get it back, oooooh maybe next fall some time... And I don't have a quilt frame yet either - that could be a problem too... Hopefully you can find someone!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there. I love the quilt I set my blocks in white too. I love how you've used two different sized blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like that quilt! Is that the blossom line? It makes you want to crawl underneath it and take a nap :) Beautiful setting too.

    ReplyDelete